“When serving clients, my focus is developing a strong understanding of their business priorities, assisting them in understanding the corporate and tax implications of transactions, and developing creative solutions to structure transactions in the most tax-advantageous fashion.”
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
Taylor has a diverse transactional practice, with extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, and general corporate matters. He frequently serves as a tax advisor to companies on counseling for a wide array of tax planning strategies and tax compliance matters, including business formations, financings, and debt and equity offerings.
Taylor’s practice also includes assisting non-profit organizations in obtaining federal tax-exempt status and representing clients on a broad range of tax and corporate matters, including those related to partnerships, limited liability companies (LLC), C corporations (C-corp), S corporations (S-corp), and REITs.
Examples of Taylor’s representations include:
- Representation of a 30-member physician group in connection with a corporate reorganization;
- Counsel to seller of a construction firm with $30 million in annual revenue;
- Tax counsel to hospital group in connection with its $225 million sale of diagnostic service assets;
- Representation of multi-tier partnership on tax structures for reorganization related to $30 million credit facility amendment; and
- Representation of client related to IRS protest of approximately $350,000 in taxes, penalties, and interest.
Mergers & Acquisition, Tax
Bar and Court Admissions:
State Bar of Nevada, Pending
LL.M. in Taxation, Washington University in St. Louis School of Law
J.D., Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, Magna Cum Laude
B.A., Drury University, Summa Cum Laude
Memberships and Affiliations:
American Bar Association, Section of Taxation