For over 25 years, Holley Driggs has been a Nevada-based business law firm offering a full spectrum of legal services to local, national and international businesses ranging from commercial transactions to receiverships to litigation. Our cannabis practice group is here to offer the firm’s services and experience to Nevada’s growing cannabis industry. As a proud member of the Nevada Cannabis Association, we remain committed to staying on top of the latest regulations within the cannabis industry in Nevada to help cannabusinesses flourish.
Holley Driggs’ cannabis practice group is dedicated to providing premier cannabis counsel for cannabusinesses throughout the state of Nevada and those considering operation within the state. From transactional law to litigation to receiverships, we understand the full spectrum of cannabis business needs.
- Brian W. Boschee is the firm’s senior trial attorney. He can help guide your cannabusiness through complex litigation. Mr. Boschee also has substantial experience in construction litigation, lien litigation, and appellate advocacy. Representative cases include:
- MM Development Company, Inc., a Nevada corporation d/b/a Planet 13 Las Vegas, vs. Trident Construction Corporation (EJDC Case No. A-20-814405-C);
- Green Light District Holdings Inc vs. GBS Nevada Partners LLC (EJDC Case No. A-19-788150-B).
- J. Douglas Driggs, Jr. is a leading expert in corporate law. He can help your cannabusiness with all of its transactional needs. Mr. Driggs can also be a helpful asset if you are experiencing financial distress as his vast experience includes work-outs of distressed projects.
- Kristol Bradley Ginapp leads the Holley Driggs employment practice. She can help your cannabusiness with any employment issues that may arise, including Covid-19 policies and procedures. She has extensive experience in litigation involving employment discrimination, wrongful discharge, wage and hour disputes, non-competition agreements, trade secrets, and other employment claims.
- Michael E. Kearney has structured, negotiated and documented cannabis cultivation and dispensary location acquisitions in both Nevada and California and has experience on the US side of issuance of stock in publicly traded Canadian corporations to US cannabis business sellers. He has also been recognized in Best Lawyers in America for eight consecutive years (2013-2021) for his work in mergers and acquisitions, being named Lawyer of the Year in 2021. If your cannabusiness is considering a merger, acquisition, or some other form of multi-state operations, Mr. Kearney can help guide you through that process seamlessly. He also has substantial experience in state and federal taxation issues.
- James W. Puzey manages the firm’s Reno office. If your cannabusiness is located in Northern Nevada, Mr. Puzey can help with any business dispute that might arise. He has counseled clients in a full range of commercial and business disputes, including ownership disputes, shareholder derivative actions, land development disputes, water rights forfeiture issues, disputes involving real estate owners and general contractors, wrongful termination actions, landlord-tenant disputes and foreclosures (commercial and residential), collection actions, and premises liability claims. Representative cases include:
- D H Flamingo Inc. vs. State Ex Rel Department of Taxation (EJDC Case No. A-19-787035-C);
- High Sierra Holistics LLC vs. State of Nevada Department of Taxation (EJDC Case No. A-19-787726-C).